Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Maybe today isn't a good time to quit smoking, Mr President

Asked about smoking, Obama replies: "First of all, the new law that was put in place is not about me...I think it's fair to say...that you just think it's neat to ask me about my smoking, as opposed to it being relevant" to the law.

Fallen off the wagon? "Yes. Am I a daily smoker, a constant smoker? No...I would say I am 95 percent cured, but there are times when I mess up." (1:10 p.m.) Politico. Com 6/22/09

Psst...Sir...Mr. President! Over here.

Little testy, aren't we? I mean, you really need to tone down the pissant number. Snarky is as snarky does, after all. All that passive-aggression on foreign policy must be slipping through.

You know, it's tough to quit smoking, tougher to stay quit. God knows I quit at least a hundred times before I finally stopped. Ask any ex-smoker how tough it is...

But, trying to quit right now, while the entire world is on your shoulders? Do you really think now is a good time to quit smoking, what with North Korea and Iran, Afghanistan, Paki...I don't know, I'm just saying.

Try the patch. That finally worked for me.

Oh! And good luck. It's a bear.

Thanks for the read.

No comments: